Designed for enthusiastic school leavers, our Leadership, Education and Development (LEAD) higher management apprenticeship programme allows you to learn and develop supervisory skills in a hands-on environment. It offers the best of both worlds – earning while you learn to be a future supervisor or manager.
- Earn while you learn – we fund all of your studying and pay a competitive salary and benefits package
- Complete a foundation degree in mineral extractives
- Progress to an honours degree in mineral extractives management
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths, Science and English
- 2 A levels at grade C or above
- Full clean driving licence
- Willing and able to relocate at any stage before, during and after the three year programme
In the first three years you will gain hands-on experience and relevant qualifications in operational aspects of our business while completing a distance learning foundation degree at the University of Derby, which will eventually lead to an honours degree in mineral extractives management. You could become a trainee manager or plant supervisor by year four. You will be allowed time for your studies within your normal working hours but must also study in your own time. Throughout the programme you will be supported by both a manager and mentor.